Crescent rolls make everything better. I am addicted to them lately and we have been testing out some new ways to enjoy them with our meal. Recently we did No-Slop Sloppy Joes and they are equally amazing. Now we turned the crescent into waffles and stuff the middle with our favorite pizza items and it is AMAZING
- 7 oz of Italian Blend cheese (or mozzarella)
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 cans ( 8 oz each) crescent rolls
- 1 jar pizza sauce
- pepperoni slices (about 32 slices, omit for vegetarian option)
- Preheat waffle iron to medium/high. Unroll first can of dough flat on a working surface.
- Separate each crosswise, making 4 – 7×6 inch rectangles. Firmly press perforations to seal. Repeat for second can. You should have 4 rectangles like this picture.
- Combine cheese, basil, oregano and set aside.
- Place one 7×6 inch rectangle on the waffle iron.
- Place ½(about 1 cup) of the cheese mixture on the dough.
- Top with layer of pepperoni. For vegetarian option, omit pepperoni, and add more cheese if desired.
- Top with another 7x6in rectangle . Close waffle iron and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat with other 2 dough sheets. Cut into triangles and serve with side of pizza sauce for dipping.