I will be the first to admit that I have always loved brussel sprouts! Not only are they cute and like miniature heads of cabbage.. but they also taste amazing. For all out brussel sprout and bacon lovers! We present to you the delicious Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts. Now there are people who do not like them however, I would dare them to try these and I could almost promise that they will love them! Anyways let’s see what the recipe is all about shall we?
- 20 Brussels sprouts fresh or thawed, trim & cut
- 10 slices maple bacon, each slice cut in half
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1 pinch black pepper to taste
- dipping sauce of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, then set aside.
- On a flat work surface, lay out halved bacon slices. Using a pastry brush, generously brush each slice with maple syrup.
- Place a Brussels sprout in the center a slice of bacon, then lift up the sides of the bacon to wrap it around the sprout. Use a toothpick to secure the two ends to the sprout. Transfer prepared bacon wrapped Brussels sprout to prepared baking sheet. Repeat this step until all sprouts have been wrapped
- Bake bacon wrapped Brussels sprouts for 30-40 minutes or until bacon is crisp and the sprouts are tender.
- Let bacon wrapped Brussels sprouts rest for 5 minutes, then transfer to a serving plate. Serve with a dipping sauce of your choice.