Something magical seems to happen when you pair together parmesan and tomatoes slices and bake it in the oven.
We had a huge amount of tomatoes this year from the garden and honestly we were at the point where we couldn’t can anymore. So we had to figure something out. So I sliced up several tomatoes and left them on the counter, came back to the kitchen and there was my son added cheese to every slice on the table. That is when it hit me and out came this gem of a recipe.
- 2–3 large beefsteak tomatoes
- 1 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp fresh Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Slice the tomatoes into 1/4″ slices and arrange on the baking sheet.
- Top each slice with enough parmesan to cover the top, as well as a sprinkling of basil and oregano.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top with the fresh chopped Italian parsley.
- Serve immediately!