Corn Nuggets are the best thing ever. Especially if you love corn like I do. Personally the recipe doesn’t call for this but I like to add 1 cup of cheddar cheese to the mix with the corn just to give it a little extra flavor. Completely AMAZING!
- 1 (11 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups vegetable oil for deep frying
- In a medium bowl, stir together the creamed corn and drained whole kernel corn.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and coat with vegetable oil or cooking spray.
- Drop spoonfuls of the corn mixture onto the sheet, and freeze until firm, about 3 hours.
- Heat one inch of oil to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) in a large deep skillet, or fill a deep-fryer with oil as directed by the manufacturer.
- Mix together the cornmeal, flour, egg white, milk, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Dip frozen corn nuggets in the batter, and quickly fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Remove to paper towels to drain.