Perfect for those hot summer nights or perfect for any form of cookout/gathering!
Are you a fan of cucumbers? God knows I am and on a hot summer day or any form of cookout this has always been my goto dish. Anytime I bring it to a gathering, everyone is raving about the cucumber salsa a lot more than any of the amazing bbq that has been cooking for HOURS!!! One friend was upset because he slow cooked his brisket for 18 hours and it was the best brisket I have ever had. However, everyone kept raving about the cucumber salsa more than the meat. So are you ready to be the hit at your next gathering? Let’s get into it shall we?
- 2 cups cucumber-seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato-finely chopped and seeded
- 1/4 cup red or white onion-chopped small
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley-minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper- seeded and chopped
- 4-1/2 teaspoons fresh cilantro-minced
- 1 garlic clove- minced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt or the prefered pink himalayan salt
- In a small bowl, combine the prepared cucumber, tomato, onion, parsley, jalapeno, cilantro and garlic.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, lemon juice, lime juice, cumin and seasoned salt.
- Pour over cucumber mixture and toss gently to coat.
- Serve immediately with Tortilla chips or refrigerate