I will be the first to admit that KFC gravy is my all time favorite gravy in the world. When I was a kid and once in a blue moon my parents would bring KFC home for dinner, my first goto was the extra side of gravy that they would buy specifically for me. In the middle of the night when I was hungry I would goto the refrigerator, open it up, grab the cup of gravy and I would simply start drinking it.. I know a bit weird.. but don’t judge me.. I love that gravy.
So I discovered this recipe and honestly if you put this gravy and KFC gravy next to each other in front of me, I would not be able to decipher which one is which
- 4 tbsps of butter or shortening.
- 5 tbsps of flour.
- ¼ tsp of sage (optional).
- ¼ tsp of garlic powder.
- ¼ tsp of black pepper.
- 1 beef bouillon cube.
- 1 chicken bouillon cube.
- 2 cups of water.
- In a pot, boil the water and add in the bouillon cubes and mix to dissolve.
- In a small bowl mix together the flour, sage, garlic powder and black pepper.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter oven low heat, mix in the flour and cook to golden stirring constantly.
- Pour the bouillon water slowly, and cook over medium heat stirring constantly until you get a creamy pourable gravy sauce.